We are looking for a Research Engineer in Power electronicsto be located in our office in San Cristóbal de La Laguna (Tenerife- Canary Islands).
Required skills, experience and candidate profile:
- Studies in the field of Electrical/Electronics Engineering or relevant PhD or Masters degree.
- Strong knowledge in the design, implementation and testing of power electronic circuits such as motor drivers, inverters, and control.
- Knowledge of control hardware and protection hardware.
- Understanding of device characteristics and issues with switching behaviour in real circuits, as well as power switch driver design.
- Knowledge in thermal management approaches.
- General knowledge of power electronic devices, including silicon based IGBTs, MOSFETs and wide bandgap technologies. Experience with SiC/GaN electronics is a plus.
- Experience with modelling tools (Altium, Matlab, Simulink/Simscape or any comparable tool).
Tareas a realizar
- Identification of main requirements and key drivers for the electronics architecture of a robotic system.
- Participate in multidisciplinary reviews and liaise with other teams to work on interfaces and deliver integrated systems.
- Design of motor inverters and control for brushless DC, servo, or stepper motors.
- Collaborate on the design of control hardware and associated protection systems.
- Thermal management design of power electronics systems.
- Carry out systematic research on power electronics latest technology and investigating ways of incorporating this technology into robotics.
- Collaborate with the rest of the team on the model-based design process and carry out simulations and PCB designs (Altium) before prototyping.
- Participate in agile planning meetings and contribute to the agile-based work management tools.